The Advantages of Stucco
Most people have heard of and seen stucco siding. There are a lot of people in the northwest, however, that don’t think of stucco as a viable siding choice. Stucco is not only viable in the northwest, it is one of the best siding choices a person could make.
Reasons to choose stucco over other siding:
- Waterproof– rain is a constant factor for homeowners here in the northwest. But with stucco siding, you won’t have to worry about any water damage or leaks.
- Affordable– The cost of stucco is actually very low to its alternatives. This way, the cost per year is also much lower. The insulative quality of stucco also saves you money on your energy bills.
- Allows for air circulation– While stucco is waterproof, it is also breathable. Condensation buildup is not a worry for homes with stucco siding.
- Fireproof– Stucco is very resistant to fire. The coating is 100% non-flammable- perfect for homes in areas with a high risk of wildfire!
- Mold & rot resistant– A lot of homes in the northwest have trouble with moisture buildup during the colder parts of the year. This invites mold, mildew, fungus, rot, and other annoying bacteria into the home to eat at its infrastructure. Stucco, however, does not let any moisture linger on the interior. Stucco’s breathability allows for the home to be condensation free.
- Insulating– Stucco siding is a great insulator for homes- it keeps the cold out and the heat in during the winter, and keeps the heat out and the cool in during the summer. This makes stucco siding perfect for homes in extreme weather areas, such as those that are hot during the day but cold at night.
- Durability– Stucco is one of the most durable sidings on the market. It will easily outlast wood, vinyl, and even brick siding- it’s just that good. There isn’t an exact number that can be placed on the life of stucco siding. But it does very often last for a long time. Even now, there are homes from the 1900s with stucco siding that have undergone very little maintenance.
- Maintenance– Due to its high durability, great insulation, air circulation, and being waterproof- stucco requires little to no maintenance. If installed correctly, you should have almost no problems with siding in your lifetime!